Why are finger plays and action songs so great, other than the fact that you don’t need any supplies, they’re free, great for any age and fun?
- help kids practice following directions
- lengthens attention span and develops listening skills
- practices ordering, sequencing, number concepts and rhyming skills
- builds vocabulary
Some fun finger plays and action songs to try are:
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Five Little Apples (The Activity Mom has posted this one)
- There Was a Little Turtle
- Five Fat and Speckled Frogs
- Where is Thumbkin?
- This Old Man
- Five Little Monkeys
- If You’re Happy and You Know It