Check out the landscape photos from Amy at Let’s Explore. She and her children used stickers to dress up the photo.
These are super cute and I can think of a few ways to use this idea to incorporate writing, reading and math skills.
- Take several photo pages and staple them into a book. Then have your child write (or dictate) a story to go along with the pictures.
- Make the photo into a postcard and send it to Grandma!
- Stick them inside a plastic page protector and give your child an erasable marker. Have them label items in the picture. Then just erase and it’s ready for another photo page.
- Have your child find all the words that start with a certain letter. Depending on their academic level they could just tell these to you orally or make a list.
- Think up rhyming words for different objects in the photos
- Have your child describe where objects are using position words.
- Count objects in the picture.